Juan Garzón is a business strategist & marketing coach who helps entrepreneurs and small business owners craft their story and build a system to grow their own business. He is also the founder of the marketing and sales communication firm, the Garzón Company, as well an organizer and mentor/advisor for a host of other entrepreneurial organizations in Charlotte.
With over a decade in marketing and communications and experiences ranging from police dispatcher to head of marketing for a global market research firm, Juan has the knowledge, the creativity, and the stories to provide an engaging and informative presentation.
Juan speaks on entrepreneurship, branding, marketing your small business, the power of story, pitching startups to investors, and selling (when you hate sales!). He can also craft a presentation especially for you and your audience. Other topics include:
- The Power of Story in Small Business
- Selling (When You Hate Sales!)
- PitchStart – How To Pitch The Right Way
- Personal Branding
- Entrepreneurship is a Mindset
- Developers are Really Marketers!
In addition to his regular appearances at PitchBreakfast and conducting workshops for clients, Juan has spoken at the Association for Talent Development, BIG Council, Charlotte Business Owners, the Charlotte Observer‘s annual ShopTalk Conference, CPCC’s A+GD Department, the DECA International Career Development Conference, Entrepreneur Summit, Ignite Charlotte, ProductCampCLT, Startup Weekend, Winthrop University, and several events at Packard Place.
Here are some recent events I’ve spoken at:
Ace Mentor Board Retreat (Facilitator) - Foundation for the Carolinas - January 23
- Realize Your Potential (Guest Speaker) – Advent Co-working – September TBD
- Charlotte SCORE (Guest Speaker) – Small Business Administration – August 31
- Star Wars, Startups, & Storytelling – Packard Place – AugustTBD
- Startup Grind (Interviewee) – Packard Place – July 7
- DECA Summer Institute (Closing Keynote) – Johnson & Wales University – July 2
- International Coaching Federation Charlotte (Workshop) – Wadsworth Estate – June 25
- Chatting With The Experts (Guest) – podcast – June 24
- Skookum Friday Tech Talks (Speaker) – Skookum Digital Works – June 19
- Queen City Forward’s Impact3 (PitchStart™ Workshop) – @809 – May 5
- DIG SOUTH | WILD PITCH (Facilitator) – Charleston, SC – May 1
- City Startup Labs (Validation Talk) – Urban League, Charlotte – March 26
- Charlotte Area Consultants (Speaker) – T.MAC, Charlotte – March 13
- RevTech Labs/QC Fintech (PitchStart™ Workshop) – Packard Place- March 5
- Charlotte Startup Weekend (Host & Organizer) – UNCC Center City- February 27 – March 1
- Night Shift (Pitching & Research Sessions) – Skookum Digital Works- February 5 & 19
- CPCC Advertising + Graphic Design (Guest Speaker) – Harper Campus- February 4
- Charlotte Observer’s Small Business Conference (Panelist) – CPCC Harris – January 24
- Ace Mentor Board Retreat (Facilitator) – Foundation for the Carolinas – January 23